Intern, Driftless Dance Festival
The Performance Center at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is a multi-venue facility that produces and/or presents over 150 events annually and serves an annual audience of nearly 30,000 patrons from the Saint Mary's campus community, the city of Winona, and the Southeast Minnesota/Southwest Wisconsin region.
The Driftless Dance Festival, to be presented March 27-29, 2020 in Winona, MN, will encompass a weekend of performance by national, regional, and local dancers as well as artist talks, master classes, workshops, and events that offer festival goers the opportunity to interact with visiting artists, develop skills, and build community.
The Driftless Dance Festival Intern will report to the Performance Center Managing Director and work with festival staff to support the planning and delivery of the festival. The intern will:
- Provide general administrative and office support throughout the planning process
- Assist in collecting evaluation data and compiling materials for grant reports
- Assist with marketing and promotions
- Coordinate with festival vendors
- Provide on-site support for festival events, including set-up, tear-down, registration, volunteer check-in, and providing information and assistance to festival attendees
- Attend planning meetings as schedule allows
- Other duties as assigned
- Student must be a Junior or Senior and have the minimum credits/GPA to qualify for the campus internship program
- Must be able to commit to a regular work schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers
- Must exercise strong attention to detail and adhere to timelines and deadlines
- Experience working with computers and Microsoft Office applications required; Google Suite applications preferred
- Interest in or experience with event management, arts administration, dance, and/or the performing arts preferred
This internship may be completed over the course of the full academic year, or during the Spring 2020 semester. A minimum of 2 credits per semester is required.